I Have a Dream
Dear Partner in Ministry,
I have a dream. My dream comes from the great commission. It is based on the command of the resurrected Christ. Here is what the great commission says to me:
“Climb every mountain / Search high and low / Follow every highway / Every path you know
/ Climb every mountain / Ford every stream / Follow every rainbow / Till you find your dream
/ A dream that will need / All the love you can give / Every day of your life / For as long as you live”
Being a missionary in Africa includes climbing mountains, walking down paths, fording streams, plus all the love you can give for as long as you live. When I apply the great commission to Africa, it seems like an impossible dream, but with God the impossible becomes possible!
Africa is a vast continent with 54 countries. In our target area, 450,000,000 live. Our target countries include Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Botswana, and Zambia.
Africa is a strategic mission field, and the people who live there can be and are being reached with the gospel. The greatest need now in Africa is theological education. Most pastors have no formal training in the Scriptures. Thousands of churches need to be planted but there are no trained pastors.
Our goal is to plant Bible Colleges across Central Africa. TCWM is doing this because the center of Christianity is moving. By 2040 the center of Christianity will be Africa. Forty percent of Christians in the world will live in Africa by 2060.
How can we do this? In our own strength, we will fail, but the power and Spirit of the resurrected Christ is in us. Now, as the donors of TCWM, we are faced with a great task. We need to raise $100,000 before the end of the year in order to reopen Trinity Biblical Institute in five different locations and fund 175 new students. We need your help. You can make a difference. You can be used by God to provide a quality seminary education for an African Pastor.
How about it? We serve a big God. We are to seek first the Kingdom of God. We are to attempt great things for God. Will you join us?
Believing the impossible together,
Peter W. Anderson
5 UNEXPECTED BLESSINGS IN 2020
by Missionary Doug McNutt
1) We have been able to build up and resupply our health clinic to serve in Kaserem, Uganda. in addition, we have staffed a full-time evangelist there this year who shares the gospel with every patient who enters the building!
2) We have been able to strategically plan for adding new US leadership, missionaries, and teachers before our grand opening of accredited classes in January 2021.
3) We have been able to help feed not only our staff but many various Christians in Central Africa who were actually going without food because of the economic impacts of COVID-19, many markets and food supplies were simply shut down entirely for two months. We were able to help a number of pastors’ and teachers’ families associated with us whose householders had died of COVID-19.
4) We have been hosting twice a week meetings for prayer on Zoom both with US and African participants, and this has been such a blessing.
5) We have been able to write curriculum for thirty of our courses and have edited and are ready to publish 10 of these courses so far!